Miss Christy’s Chocolate Chunk Toffee Pecan Cookies
3/4 cup pecan pieces
1 cup softened salted butter
3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 3/4 cup flour (all purpose)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1.5 cups chopped toffee candy (we use Heath Pieces found in baking aisle at grocery store)
2 11.5 ounce packages of semi-sweet chocolate chunks (Miss Christy loves the chunk vs the chips)
Cracked Sea Salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toast pecan pieces on a baking sheet at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for minimum of 10 minutes.
- Mix butter at medium speed until creamy. Gradually add sugar and light brown sugar, beating well. Add eggs and vanilla and mix for 30-45 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda and mix slightly. At low speed, add to butter mixture until well combined. With a wooden spoon or spatula, stir in pecans, chocolate bars, and nuts.
- On an uncreased baking sheet, drop spoonfuls for dough about 2 inches apart (approximately 1 tablespoon per cookie).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 11-13 minutes until cookies are slightly browned. Remove from oven and sprinkle lightly with cracked sea salt (optional and must do this immediately when removing from oven). Let cookies cool for 3 minutes then move to wire racks for 5 minutes. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream!!!