2 pounds ground beef (10% fat or less)
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup Bald Man Rub plus some additional rub to coat the meatloaf
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
10 strips of uncooked bacon
1/4 cup Bald Man Mop Sauce to brush meatloaf for the last 10 minutes of cooking
- Preheat oven, grill or smoker to 300 degrees. When smoking, we use hickory, pecan and/or apple wood.
- Combine all ingredients except Mop Sauce in a large mixing bowl. Form the mixture into a loaf shape on a greased foil lined baking sheet (you can also place on a non-stick wire rack placed on a baking sheet).
- Arrange the bacon over the top of the meatloaf and have it drape down the sides…Sprinkle the bacon with extra Bald Man Rub.
- Cook until internal temperature reaches 130 degrees (approximately 1.5 hours). Increase oven, grill or smoker temperature to 400 degrees and brush the meatloaf with the Mop Sauce. Cook until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.